Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Greetings, From SPACE!


Yep, this piece is a quick little thing I made after I got done with my low-poly UDK texturing. The Earth you see in the background is a texture I made over Winter Break, it rotates and has clouds that rotate faster. The Helmet glass section has a moving HUD texture on it, and the Arm pieces have a rotating "User Interface" texture on them. I have to say, I'm a little surprised as to how well this came out.

As previously stated, my character is a sort of Science Fiction B-Movie Astronaut, showing what the Future of Astronautics might be like if the B-Movie writers of the 50's and 60's were right about the aesthetic and design of the gear we would wear to go into space. The above is, obviously, a Work In Progress, and I will be done and soon rigging and animating this guy soon!

Watching: Mythbusters

Listening to: Drum'n'Bass station on Pandora

Playing: Portal 2

(yes that is the space core from Portal 2 in the top left corner. "SPAAAAAAAAACE!")

1 comment: