Thursday, March 15, 2012

Platformer Project: Ripomatic

For our platformer in Game Design II, we all made short, minute long videos using any footage we could find and any song we wanted to make a "Ripomatic", a sort of animatic where we establish the overall feel we want to convey through our platformer. My choices were the feelings of discovery, through exploration, the idea that exploration can be dangerous yet exciting, and the idea of moving through spaces in an interesting way. These all relate back to my story, as my character finds the Cave of Ali Baba from the stories he heard as a child and therefore has a childlike wonder at the discovery of the cave. Inside, he finds a magic lamp that emits smoke that allows him to jump to great heights, run extremely fast, and even break down obstacles in his path.

Here is my final video, I used select clips from Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Aladdin, The Great Mouse Detective, Alien, Avatar, The Abyss, Inception, The Incredibles, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Princess Mononoke, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, and Scott Pilgrim Versus The World. I used songs made by my friend from back home, Brad Thompson,  called Shadowboxin(GZA Remix) and C.R.E.A.M.(Wu-Tang Remix)

Here is the final video:(EDIT: For whatever reason, when I upload this on Blogger or Youtube, the Audio becomes out of sync. I don't know why this is. Facebook, it seems, is okay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment